FAST TRACKED POLICE FOUNDATIONS (ACCELERATED) PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE.
Complete Police Foundations Training in 90 - 120 days!
This is a no nonsense, core program for those interested in applying for a police officer position in Ontario. It is delivered by former Ontario Police College instructors and facilitators from several Ontario Police Services. People who know what you need to succeed at OPC and as a police officer in Ontario.
We ONLY teach you the core skills, knowledge and abilities that you will be required to know once you attend O.P.C. No fluff or fillers, only core content that you will be expected to know to become a qualified Police Officer in Ontario.
This course does NOT follow Ontario College Police Foundations Program content that can typically take up to two years or more to complete because YOU DO NOT NEED a Police Foundations Certificate or Diploma to apply to any police service in Ontario. What you do need is the real information and an education to help you succeed in policing and pass the core training at O.P.C. and within the agency that hires you.
This program is entirely online and self-directed with access, during business hours, to our instructors via email and phone. 24/7 access from anywhere you have internet access. Use of Force and Tactical Handcuffing is also included at various locations. (Two days in class.)
NEW! See our Resources page for articles, videos and information relating to Security Guards, Use of Force Training and Handcuffing.
Custom online training courses and modules are available. We can customize your course and give it the look and feel of an "in house" course of your own. No admin fees or additional costs.
Here is a partial list of online training courses currently available modules.
- Bylaw (Municipal Law Enforcement Officer) Training Course
- Provincial Offenses Officer Training Course
- Parking Control/Enforcement Officer Course
- Animal Control Officer Course
- Security Guard (National Level ISO Certification for Federal Properties)
- Use of force Course (Academics)
- Handcuffing and Search Modules
- Code White Course - (Also known as NVCI or CPI, Aggression Response Training, or Managing Behavioral Emergencies, this is hospital and healthcare specific training for clinical or non-clinical staff including security guards.)
- Officer Safety Training Course including Situational Awareness
- Security Supervisor Training Course
- Mental Health Awareness for Security Guards
Burgess and Associates & Security Training Support is a multifaceted company that operates independently under contract, in support of, or in strategic partnership with private corporations, colleges and universities, agencies and associations to provide customized training packages to suit the needs of your business and clients.
Burgess and Associates & Security Training Support facilitate customized training courses in Canada, the UK, Caribbean, and across the globe, with individualized program content pertaining to each unique situation.
We offer a wide range of topics and skills to choose from in three main areas;
- Physical skills including disengagement and self defense techniques up to and including tools for security personnel such as handcuffing, baton or specialty tools for hospitals / healthcare or pepper spray and firearms for those authorized to carry and use them
- Academics: Legal Authorities, Case Law Studies, Civil Litigation and Risk Management
- Judgement and Decision Making, Articulation of Incidents, Report Writing, Note Taking and Communications including Understanding Mental illnesses, Elder illnesses and issues, Forms of Cognitive Impairment such as Drug/Alcohol Abuse or Emotional Driven Behaviour
Whether you are intervention capable or not, new or a veteran in your field looking to upgrade your skills, we have a program to suit your needs. The length and content of courses is entirely dependent on the topics you choose, the budget you have and the level of certification required.
For more details or to obtain a quote, please contact us.
Get In Touch
For more information get in contact with us by filling out the form below.